Weare Gallery is in a heritage building which has been a landmark in Deloraine since it was built in 1863. Situated on land granted to Alexander Robertson in 1854 and purchased in 1862 by James Scott, surveyor, after whom Scottsdale is named.
James Scott was the brother of the prominent early Tasmanian surveyor Thomas Scott, the man who gave the town of Deloraine its name, taking it from the Lay of the Last Minstrel, by his kinsman, Sir Walter Scott. The building has since had many uses.
In 1883 the front drawing room was converted to a shop, which now houses the Weare Gallery. It has been a haberdashery, butcher shop, antique shop and a Fly Fishing School, as well as a private residence for many families.
Most notably, in recent years the property was known as Berry's Antiques to legions of travellers passing through Deloraine on the original Bass Highway. Locals have fond memories of Mrs. Berry.
The large verandah over the footpath was added in the 1920s', the original being a single skillion roof.
The Building was added to the Tasmanian Heritage Register in 1997 and has been restored in accordance with heritage guidelines.
118 Emu Bay Road